- National Centre for Children’s Cancer in Ireland
- Only paediatric Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (HSCT) centre in the Republic of Ireland with clinical, collection (HPC, Marrow & HPC, Apheresis) and HSCT processing facilities based on-site.
- Catering for ages 0 – 16 years (>16 for special needs)
- 3 Consultant Oncologists and 4 Consultant Haematologists
- 19 inpatient beds including 4 HSCT beds
- 13 day beds where treatment is provided on a day case basis to patients with malignant haematological and oncological conditions, haemophilia, haemoglobinopathy, non-malignant haematology conditions and children 100 days post HSCT.
- HSCT outpatient facility with a HSCT dedicated waiting room, 1 clinic room, 1 isolation room and BMT office
- Haematology/Oncology Outpatient facility with 7 consultation rooms
- There are 5.8 whole time equivalent clinical nurse specialists in Haematology/ Oncology. They work with individual consultants in Haematology or Oncology and are involved with families from the time of diagnosis, through treatment and on into the outpatient setting. They are closely linked with the shared care service and provide ongoing education and support.
- There are 2 Advanced Nurse Practitioners, one in Oncology and one in Haematology.
National Paediatric Haematology/Oncology Shared Care Network
As 60% of our patients live outside the Dublin catchment area, the National Paediatric Haematology/Oncology Programme is supported by 16 shared care paediatric units across Ireland. These shared care hospitals provide essential supportive care and components of treatment locally under the supervision of and in accordance with the National Paediatric Haematology/ Oncology Programme treatment protocols. Our vision of Shared Care is to facilitate the child/adolescent’s journey through treatment within a fully integrated, seamless and effective shared care service.
Clinical research and treatment
We participate in international multi-institutional clinical trials and are members of the:
Children’s Oncology Group (COG).