The Irish Association for Nurses in Oncology is an non-profit organisation that promotes continuing nurse education and provides a forum for exchange of knowledge for members of the oncology nursing profession.
Our members are nurses working in both a specialist and non-specialist capacity. They work in hospitals, in the community, in education and in administration.
As an Association we are conscious that patients with cancer are being cared for in most wards in every general hospital, in institutions for the elderly and the general community. The educational and support of nurses working in these particular environments is crucial.
Aims of Association:
- To participate fully in the development of cancer nursing in Ireland
- To participate fully in the development of cancer nursing in Europe through our active membership of the European Oncology Nursing Society (E.O.N.S.).
- To participate appropriately with international nursing organisations
Objectives of the Association:
- To promote ongoing education in cancer care
- To increase awareness among nurses, of cancer prevention, early detection
- To educate nurses in all aspects of cancer diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and palliation
- To provide a network for nurses working in cancer care
- To be a forum of support for nurses working in cancer careTo provide a programme of education and a forum for exchange of information for members of the nursing profession who care for people with cancer.
Download Our Flyer Below