Poster Competition Guidelines 2023
Poster Abstract Criteria
- All poster abstracts must convey relevance to nurses working in cancer care. The lead author must be a cancer nurse who is also a member of the IANO at the time of abstract submission.
- The poster abstract may describe (although not exhaustive), an original or replicated research study, an audit or innovative practice change. The following are recommended key elements/headings for both the poster abstract and poster:
- Title of Poster
- Authors and Affiliations (Omit on poster abstract page for purposes of blind review)
- Methods (where applicable)
- Conclusions and Implications
- The text of the abstract should consist of no more than 300 words.
- The abstract should not include references.
- IANO NEC members may also submit a poster abstract, however, if accepted they will not be considered eligible for a poster prize.
- Poster abstracts will not be edited for content. Please ensure to proofread your poster abstract for errors prior to submission.
- Entrants can make multiple poster submissions.
- No consideration will be provided for late entries.
- All applicants will be notified with a decision on their poster abstract, two working weeks after the abstract submission deadline date.
- Please send your poster abstract to email@example.com. Please use a word document. The closing date for submission of abstracts is 17.00h, 15th September 2023.
- Prizes are in the form of an educational bursary. There are three categories in which prizes are awarded. One prize is awarded in each category. (a) Best overall poster (b) Best up and coming. (c) Best clinical initiative
For accepted abstracts the following Poster Presentation Guidelines must be adhered to:
- Poster size is AO Portrait (84.09cms wide and 118.9cms high). Posters exceeding this size cannot be facilitated.
- Successful applicants will be encouraged to adhere to our poster guidelines and template, endorsed by the IANO and UKONS, created by Eli Lilly. These guidelines are available on the IANO website.
- Posters should be produced in a manner that is suitable for display on a poster board using Velcro. Do not bring posters that have been mounted on cardboard or heavier material. Velcro securing strips will be provided by the conference organising committee.
- Posters can be mounted by any of the poster authors on the poster boards provided on the evening prior to the conference day (if available) or on the morning of the conference (prior to conference proceedings).
- The judging panel for poster presentations is made up of two members of the IANO NEC and one external expert member. The external expert will make any necessary executive decisions.
- IANO NEC member posters will be clearly signposted as ineligible for consideration of a poster prize.