Please keep looking back to see if there is any Job Vacancies available that suit your skills.
Job Title: Irish Cancer Society - Night Nursing
Closing Date: Can apply at any time
The Irish Cancer Society are recruiting Night Nurses who can provide a minimum of two nights per week and have some palliative experience. Job description on www.irishcancer.ie
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries to 01-2310524 or email@example.com
Closing Date: 28 June 2019
- Registered in the General Division of the live register of nurses kept by the NMBI.
- A minimum 3 years post registration experience.
- Management Experience is desirable.
- Recognised specialist cancer qualification is essential.
- A BSc/ Higher Diploma or equivalent in management is desirable.
- Have experience and a qualification in Oncology/Haematology and or research..
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and IT skills is also essential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the highest standards of care are delivered safely in accordance with the Hospital policies and procedures
- Play an active role in progressing ongoing clinical research projects
- To develop and implement policy and protocols regarding clinical research
- To submit applications to Hospital Management for protocol approval
- To liaise with sponsors during initiation and monitoring of trials
- To inform and train staff regarding trial procedures and protocols
- To help with the safe administration of all treatments and drugs that are given within the context of trials. To ensure that side effects are recognised and that appropriate remedial action is taken as necessary.
- To be aware that the spiritual well being of each patient is as important as the physical well being.
- To respect the spiritual and cultural beliefs of each individual and to liaise with the Pastoral Care Team as required.
- The Director of Nursing/Deputy reserve the right to re-deploy the Clinical Research Nurse, CNM I as required based on service needs.
The Oncology Research Nurse will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the delivery of a high quality research service with clinical expertise, professional advice, support, guidance and education to the multi disciplinary team, patients and carers.
- Ensure all necessary documentation relating to patients records and trial documentation are accurately maintained.
- To organise pathology, radiology as required by trial protocol
- To liaise with patients during trial consent procedure
- To arrange study specific research meetings if necessary, including staff notification, completion and writing of minutes where applicable.
- To update all clinical research documentation, including: site files, case record forms, monitoring arrangements, data correction and data collection.
- To prepare studies for Internal / JCI / Sponsor/ Irish Medicine Board audits as required
- To ensure prompt management of all study related correspondence.
- Work closely with the interdisciplinary team within the hospital to improve process and practices and to identify areas of quality improvement with regards to maintaining JCI accreditation.
Email your Curriculum Vitae including your letter of application for the above post to:
Mandy O’Sullivan, Recruitment Specialist, Bon Secours Hospital, College Road, Cork or email firstname.lastname@example.org